1966 Satellite/GTX Clone in progress.
Updated: 6 days ago
I have a customer with a nice driver 66'Satellite soon to be GTX clone. It's a 4 speed car that had a standard slightly warmed up 440. He's getting a 650 hp stroked 440 (500inch) engine with an aluminum Indy top end.
The car had the engine out when it came to me. The new engine is a pull from the previous Barton 528" Hemi swap I did on the 66 Charger further down in the blog. It has a VERY aggressive top end with a giant camshaft and Indy heads and intake manifold. I'll try and get an idle clip at the end of this project, it has a really awesome old school chop to it.
Couple of pics of the blank canvas.
Getting to work on the engine. New flywheel, roller pilot bearing, and ARP hardware.
It's getting a McLeod twin disk street clutch.
Assembling the drive-train.
In she goes! Takes some patience and care when doing this alone.
Nestled in nicely - that's enough for this weekend, next weekend is water pump, headers, shifter, and wiring.
Upcoming work will include a fuel system, new 3" exhaust, and a NASCAR inspired gauge package as well as a WilWood disc brake conversion.
Uploaded some new pics - descriptions to follow.
So here is the drive train installed and a nice new Be Cool radiator and and fan assembly installed. I relay'ed everything in the car, the fuel pump, fans, and ignition.
On to the brakes - I installed a very nice WilWood disc brake system along with a proportioning valve, new master cylinder, and brake lines.
The two piece rotors were awesome! Very well made parts.
Coming together! 4 piston calipers.
And this one is wrapped up!